Keeping Our Doors Open
Connections is THE agency in the northern suburbs leading the effort to deliver essential services to people who are homeless and unstably housed during this pandemic. We’re doing more than ever before. Your support will directly help with these efforts as we work on the frontlines.
How You Can Help
We are providing increased support to those most vulnerable to job/wage loss, food insecurity, and housing insecurity. We need your support to continue this critical work.
Your financial support will help us:
- Provide eviction prevention support
- Continue to temporarily house people in local hotels
- Provide 3 meals from local restaurants for hotel residents each day
- Pay staff overtime and hire additional staff
We have many volunteer opportunities at different locations and times of day. We need support with meals, drop-in, donation sorting, and more. If you are interested, please email our Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ways to help:
- Donate soup in a cup, individual microwavable foods, protein bars, individual snacks (chips, crackers, fruit snacks, fruit cups, etc.), and canned goods with pop-tabs.
- Donate adult underwear, jackets, hoodies/sweatshirts, boots, sneakers, and socks.
- Donate bath towels, hand soap, individual packs of tissue, unopened travel-sized and full sized toiletries, rolling suitcases, backpacks, can openers.
Visit our In-Kind Donation webpage to learn what we are not currently accepting.
Contact us to schedule donation drop offs.
- Purchase items off our Feels Like Home Amazon Wish List to help furnish participants' new homes.
- Stay up to date and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and sign up to receive our newsletter below.
Read more about our current actions related to COVID-19.
Stay tuned for additional updates!
Thank you for your continued support.