How You Can Help
We have made modifications to our services to provide the best protection to program participants, staff, and volunteers to reduce the risk of transmission of infectious diseases, especially COVID-19. Connections remains committed to supporting our neighbors facing homelessness during these uncertain times.
We are preparing to provide increased support to those most vulnerable to job/wage loss, food insecurity, and housing insecurity. We need additional financial and in-kind resources to address these needs.
Your financial support will help us:
- Provide eviction prevention support
- Address crisis housing needs
- Offer temporary relief to vulnerable neighbors
- Obtain critical supplies
- Pay staff overtime and hiring additional staff
Our top need is volunteers who have experience working with participants, either at Connections or a partner organization. We have many opportunities at different locations and times of day. We also need support with meals, laundry, errands, and more. If you are interested, please complete our Volunteer form.
Other ways to help:
- Donate bottled or canned beverages and shelf stable items (especially soups in a cup, canned fruit, frozen meats, quick microwave meals, etc.) to help keep participants and food insecure community members fed.
- Donate can openers, adult underwear, umbrellas, boots, diapers in various sizes.
- Donate extra travel-sized and pump hand sanitizers, travel-sized toiletries, Clorox wipes, and other cleaning supplies.
Contact us to schedule donation drop offs.
- Be empathetic. When you see individuals experiencing homelessness, understand that they do not have the privilege of self-quarantining and likely do not have basic hygiene items readily available to them.
- Stay up to date and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and sign up to receive our newsletter below.
Contact us with questions and for more information.
Read more about our current actions related to COVID-19.
Stay tuned for additional updates!
Thank you for your continued support.