Keeping Our Doors Open
Connections is THE agency in the northern suburbs leading the effort to deliver essential services to people who are homeless and unstably housed during this pandemic. We’re doing more than ever before. Your support will directly help with these efforts as we work on the frontlines.
How You Can Help
We are providing increased support to those most vulnerable to job/wage loss, food insecurity, and housing insecurity. The expanded operations currently cost an additional $17,000 per day. We need your support to continue this critical work.
Your financial support will help us:
- Provide eviction prevention support
- Continue to temporarily house people in local hotels
- Provide 3 meals from local restaurants for hotel residents each day
- Pay staff overtime and hire additional staff
We are seeking volunteers with experience working with participants, either at Connections or partner organizations. We have many opportunities at different locations and times of day. We also need support with meals, drop-in, donation sorting, and more. If you are interested, please complete our Volunteer form.
Other ways to help:
- Donate shelf stable items - especially soups in a cup, canned fruit, snack-size chips, individual cereals, quick microwave meals, etc.
- Donate can openers, adult underwear, umbrellas, diapers (newborn, 4, 5, 6), pull-ups (4t/5t), bike locks, men's t-shirts size L and up, men's jeans and shorts size 34 and up, women's jeans, shorts, and tees in all sizes, and bras in smaller sizes.
- Donate sunscreen, travel-sized and pump hand sanitizers, Clorox wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, and other cleaning supplies.
Contact us to schedule donation drop offs.
- Stay up to date and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and sign up to receive our newsletter below.
Read more about our current actions related to COVID-19.
Stay tuned for additional updates!
Thank you for your continued support.